Saturday 4 May 2019

Gosh...

What an odd day so far weather wise. We have had howling bitterly cold winds, loads of heavy hail, a bit of rain and warm sun when it made an appearance. Taking Ruby out for her morning walk, we both had winter coats on, plus gloves and hats.

She needed a good towel dry when she got home. Still wants to go out and play though:)

I have done my chores for today - changed the bed, washed my hair, made some bread, made blancmange, made soup for lunch for two days.

We are trialling another colour on the chimney breast. It is a bit darker than we wanted - baked terracotta, but does actually blend in with the soft peach very well. I think if we use it and paint the alcove where the log burner is, in the soft peach, that should help. Also, we have a huge mirror on that wall, so that will cover some of it up.

Our walk this week took us to Foxley Wood near Watton to see the bluebells. I have written a post about it on my other blog, This Norfolk Life.

12 comments:

  1. There is nothing quite so breathtaking as huge banks of bluebells. The road to Helmsley has huge swathes of them. They are a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grand. A bit far for us to go, but maybe one day.

      Delete
  2. Bright sunshine here but very cold with it. I love bluebells, especially en masse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the weather is strange all over. Today the weather people are saying snow for my little corner of Canada.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit better today, Sunday, but still cold.

      Delete
  4. We have a small patch of woodland in our garden and it is a mass of bluebells at the moment. Lovely sunny day but freezing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you. Gorgeous aren’t they?

      Delete
  5. I love Foxley Wood, but sadly did not get there last week to see the bluebells

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should still be there just beginning to go over.

      Delete
  6. i didn't know you had a second blog. I must find it!
    It's been the same here, weather-wise. Very changeable and I am so glad I didn't get caught out in any of the showers!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s on my blog list to the right. Don’t do much on it now as it’s primarily a walking blog and we repeat the walks.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.