Wednesday 26 June 2019

Oops!

Although Andy wasn’t serving properly yesterday, elbow I reckon, Melo just was not there! Shame but that is how it goes.

I decided to have a go at making a Brioche loaf in my bread maker. Everything was put in, an additional amount of butter was cubed and put in the fridge for adding later, as per the recipe. I set the machine going and put the timer on for when it told me I would need to add the butter. I don't always hear the beeper if I am in another room.

Beeper went and I was about to add the butter when I realised the machine was flashing to tell me it had finished baking, say what!

Double checking my instruction recipe book, I realised I had chosen the bake time for the next machine up to mine - doh! It didn't have the chance to get its second lot of butter.

Anyway, here it is, a little brown around its crust and missing half its butter. Oh, I also reduced the sugar by a quarter and for me, it was still way too sweet even though it is meant to be so:

Not bad at all considering.

10 comments:

  1. Pretty good, I would say. Shame about the settings but it looks delicious, all the same.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May have to make it again sometime just to see what it should taste like!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I have lots of blonde moments like that! It still looks lovely though, and am sure it tastes just as nice, despite the sweetness. I don't do a lot of baking now, but whenever I do I always reduce the sugar, by as much as half. Husband's never complained - in fact he's never noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We find a lot of recipes way too sweet for us.

      Delete
  3. Shame about Andy Murray, but he did say if he won the tournament at Eastbourne, he would jump off Beechy Head!!
    I'm not keen on brioche but it makes a fantastic bread and butter pudding and if you have any left it's perfect to make sweetened crumbs on top of a dessert or even apple Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can’t say I’m too keen either. Had toast with it tonight, so sweet! Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not keen on it myself but the Grandchildren love it as a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why it would make a nice bread and butter pudding.

      Delete
  6. I've never tried brioche, but that one sure looks tasty! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.