Saturday 1 June 2019

Phew!

It is 19.5C outside at the moment (09:20) and I have been gardening since 08:45, more than enough. I am now hot!!!

I have been busy pulling up most of my euphorbia, but leaving some roots so they come back up. They were a Mother’s Day present from DS many years ago and can be a bit of a thug. Doing this helps keep them in check, a severe Chelsea cut if you like.

DB has just returned from a walk with Ruby. We thought a good morning walk would be better as it’s due to reach 25C later on. She is panting like crazy, she is so hot.

Last night she was licking the bottom of her leg, near her paw. We decided to investigate but couldn’t find anything, not even a small wound to indicate a grass seed. She kept pulling away and did a small wee on my leg, so was clearly uncomfortable. I rubbed some smelly brown dog cream on her and felt something sharp on my finger.

We checked it out under a looking glass thinking a broken rose thorn but no. It looked like loads of dark black strands, about 1cm long, a bit like metal strands when you trim electrical wire? Anyway, she went to bed whilst we were watching tv but wouldn’t settle, squishing her face against the crate, showing us her teeth. We let her out then she went back in and settled. Today she seems fine.

Painting done apart from doors which will get done later in the summer. Carpet down Monday then we can get back to normal, I am fed up now.

Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I wore a coat and boots to go into town this morning, and am currently wrapped in a blanket! I could do with some heat for my joints - they're not enjoying the damp!
    Hope Ruby's leg is still ok as the day has worn on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seems fine thank goodness. I think the upheaval with decorating is getting to her. We could do with some decent rain, the ground is just dry after a few inches.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.