Friday 28 June 2019

Quorn Madras Curry

A few weeks ago, we bought some Quorn chunks to make a curry, they were still sitting in the freezer so I got on with it. We like Quorn and use both the mince and chunks and have used on occasions, the 'beef' strips. All are fine for us.

Its a bit like Tofu in that on its own, it has little or no taste, but readily picks up the taste of what it is put in, especially if served the day after it is cooked.

I fried 1 onion, 1 green pepper and a tub of mushrooms:
1/4 of a jar of Madras curry paste was added and gently fried before 2 cans of pureed chopped tomatoes went in:
It cooked for 30 minutes before 1 1/2 packets of Quorn chunks were added:
Another 20 minutes, an added chicken stock cube and some oat bran to thicken and it was ready:
We had one portion between us (3 ladles), plus rice, and got enough for another 3 joint meals.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a good simple meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And very tasty too. I use oats a lot to thicken things.

      Delete
  2. I use oats as a thickener too - it works a treat. The curry looks delicious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. A great tip to use oats as a thickener, I will try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember, I chavel oats in a blender to get oat flour, that works the best. Just stir it in.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.