Sunday 23 June 2019

Wow!

Well done Feliciano Lopez, a full singles match, finishing off a quarter final doubles, immediately followed by a semi final doubles, he must have been shattered to say the least! He has a single and a doubles final as a reward.

Touches of the old Andy emerged during both these double matches but he still has quite a way to go. I think his nerves kicked in trying to serve out the match but between them, they got the job done. Lopez started to flag a little so Andy stepped up a notch, when Andy got tight, Lopez stepped up. Andy was very attentive to Lopez throughout, constantly geeing him on.

I shall look forward to the matches today.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to today's matches, but have them on record because my son and daughter in law are treating us to lunch out. I will go mad if the BBC don't show it all and put it on the red button! Lovely to see Andy back in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either way on the doubles, we’ll have a British winner.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant to see them win. Did feel sorry for Lopez. Hope Andy finds a partner for mixed doubles for wimbledon. I see qualifying is on red button next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the event organisers could have done better by switching the two semi finals singles around to give him a bit of a break.

      Delete
  3. I think it was absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly was. A great final as well.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.