Tuesday 30 July 2019

A bit unexpected...

I awoke in the night, feeling thirsty. I got out of bed as I couldn't reach my glass of water and took a large mouthful. At the same moment, I looked down and went to pick something off the floor.

The entire contents of my mouth, shot out of my nose and onto the floor, quite a shock even though I know they are both connected.

Getting back into bed took a while as I had to mop the carpet with paper towel:) I had a sore throat for about 10 minutes but fell back to sleep. Wonder if there will be any consequences, mouth germs up my nasal passages and the reverse. Time will tell. Honestly, you've got to laugh!

14 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry but as I read this I had a bit of a chuckle. I can just picture it. I've done it myself occasionally I don't think it does any harm but, as you found, it creates a soreness for a while. I'm glad you got back to sleep again.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I did chuckle at this.. feeling the burn for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happened to me once///was quite the mess. Glad you were ab;e to laugh eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are able to laugh about it now, but it must have been quite a shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember saying “oh my goodness”!

      Delete
  5. I did it as an 11 year old laughing too much as I sipped tea at a Birthday Party. A horrid sensation.
    A Latvian friend once told me that she snorts warm water through her nose and tries to let it out through her mouth when she feels a cold coming on. She reckoned it cleared the nasal passages so well that the cold did not develop. I am not trying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DB has heard of that. I would be afraid of choking on it.

      Delete
  6. I did a similar thing with a mouthful of cider a few years ago....it went down the wrong way and I ended up regurgitating it from my mouth and nose and coughing my lungs up….well, it felt like it. Fortunately, I was at home not out in public. My poor husband thought I was about to expire (so did I for a minute or 2) and my throat hurt for ages afterwards. I'm just glad nobody saw except husband!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.