Friday 26 July 2019

Blimey....

It is one in the morning and no sleep in sight. The bedroom temperature is still 30C, outside is about 26C, humidity at 80%. We have had lots of lightning, some thunder but just a few spots of rain.

The forecast keeps showing heavy rain but so far nothing. It won’t cool the bedroom down as we have tilt inward windows which let the rain in if it rains, so they have to be closed in heavy rain.

I have just gone out to get more water, Ruby was sat up, obviously heard me come out. I ignored her and she settled back down. She has her cool mat in her crate, which is also uncovered. She must wonder what is going on. No proper walks, little time outside, poor thing is confused.

8 comments:

  1. I've had to give in and get up (now 2.40 am). There's just no breeze coming in at all! As I suffer from menopausal night sweats anyway, this is unbearable. I'm now sat at the laptop at the table with a fan directed straight at me - heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's better this morning, thankfully, although I totally agree that overnight was really extremely unpleasant (and damp - fresh sheets today for me!). Maybe we have seen the last of the dreadful heat.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are way warmer than us here on the Canadian prairies. It almost feels like fall some evenings and early mornings. I hope you get some respite very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a cool weather person as I can always warm up. When too hot, it is difficult to stay cool.

      Delete
  4. I knew there was a bonus to not have these high temperatures lol! Hopefully it will cool down soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.