Monday 29 July 2019

For the first time in days

We are both working outside. It has either been stifling or pouring down with rain. Yesterday was chilly, no sun and 15C! Today is set to be dry, possibly tomorrow as well.

DB is clearing out the gutters as they are full of moss washed off the roof. I have got one lot of washing on the line, another about to go on.

I have done a Chelsea cut on one half of a couple of plants, the other half of them have been deadheaded. That should give the bees and useful insects something to munch on for a while:

I have removed the mini campanula from my two new tubs and put in the last two pansies:

The campanulas, plus their spare mate, have been put into the ground just in front of the tubs, along with a couple of cut back mini chrysanthemums:
The tea is brewing and we are about to sit outside on the patio, wasps not withstanding, for a well earned cup of tea. Haven't got any baking unfortunately, ah well.

2 comments:

  1. The guttering is on my list of jobs to be done over the next few days. You are on a roll now the heat has subsided a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many people don't bother and that is why their gutters overflow during heavy rain. We always worry the down pipe might get clogged.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.