Thursday 25 July 2019

Hot and bothered.....Updated

I have just been to get the washing in, just for a few minutes. I am boiling. The shade temperature is currently at 13:10 is 34.5C, it feels hotter. I am leaving damp patches on my keyboard as I type!

The bedroom temperature is 31C at the moment, so I think sleep will be hard to come by.

DB has just dug up my dying blueberry. We have the wrong soil for it but it has given us lots of berries over the few years it has survived. He needs to come inside, don’t want him getting heatstroke.

Our shade temperature peaked at 36.4C. The bedroom is currently (16:40) at 32C. The BBC weather for our area says it currently feels like 41C!

Unfortunately the humidity now at 44% is set to rise every hour, peaking at 88% by 03:00:(

8 comments:

  1. It really is not the day to be outside digging, is it. We're staying in front of the fans and blessing them.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He came in a few seconds after me. We wanted it up to get the last of the leeks in later tonight.

      Delete
  2. Cambridge recorded the highest temps so inland Norfolk and Suffolk not far behind

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just been to the vets to get the cat's flea injection done. It was heaven in there - so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please make sure to drink more water and safe indoor chores for the hottest part of the day (noon to 6 PM) so that you are not outside. If you've any indoor fans, either overhead or small room sized, use them. I have air conditioning in my flat but was given this advice by medically trained individuals following a bout of heat stroke recently. Mine wasn't bad enough for a hospital visit but heat stroke is dangerous. I am sorry for you having to deal with this heat wave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e. Drinking plenty, fans have been on, not making much difference unfortunately. Less hot as the weekend approaches.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.