Wednesday 10 July 2019

Repurposing - updated

My 5 litre vinegar containers, the contents of which are used as a fabric conditioner in the washing machine:


Plant pots! They may well bulge around the middle but we will see. If I don't like them, they are recyclable.

Herewith filled with plants in garden soil and compost:
I think they will be fine once the plants have grown more. They are big enough for vegetables or herbs, as here:
 Image result for plastic bottles into vegetables
 see link here,  but as a trial for this year, I wanted to just fill them with something to see how they grow and how they need to be watered.

They are planted with two osteospurnum, which will be replanted in the garden, two gazania's which are annuals, and one fushia which I might be able to overwinter in the mini greenhouse.

8 comments:

  1. It's amazing the uses we can find for things when we put our minds to it.

    I love your poppies on your header photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we saw them whilst out on one of our weekly walks. There was a longer line of them.

      Delete
  2. Very clever.
    I love the poppies too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish a few more would come into my garden.

      Delete
  3. Im being really thick, what havecyou made? I live thecidea of repurposing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, should have said, repurposed them into plant pots.

      Delete
  4. Like the idea for the large water bottles especially for popping salad leaves into near the back door. I have several which I have kept back to use as cloches. I have also cut a lemonade bottle down into rings for popping around plants when planted to help stop them being nibbled by slugs n snails. Will do the same with the milk bottles will make deeper rings. Lovely useful post. Pattypan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely, and this idea is wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.