Thursday 15 August 2019

The past three mornings.....

Have been cool enough for me to wear my summer dressing gown! The ground has that dewy autumnal look and feel to it. At bedtime, the cotton sheets feel very cold but are still able to become pleasantly warm shortly after getting into bed. The season is moving on.

Although it has been 17C most of the morning today, there has been a very cool wind blowing. This coolness both inside and outside the house, has resulted in cool or warmer tops being put on and taken off.

It was still so cool at lunchtime that I made us a pot of soup!

10 comments:

  1. The weather is all over the place here, one minute I am hot one minute I am cold, I do hope there will be some nicer weather to come still though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are starting to sense that Autumnal light of an afternoon. The seasons are changing ever so slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the past 2 nights I've actually had the (summer) quilt up over my legs....prior to that I hadn't put it on me for weeks. Husband last night had the quilt plus a fleece blanket! It's been breezy and the sunshine has come and gone today, but it's pretty warm again, 19.5 deg but felt warmer - well, humid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a definite change in the air. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure we will have some more weather before autumn.

      Delete
  5. Yes, there has definitely been that autumnal smell in the air in the mornings. I love Autumn, but would like to hold onto summer for a few more weeks yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to as long as it doesn’t go too mad.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.