Tuesday 3 September 2019

Quorn

We normally use Quorn chunks, mince or strips as a substitute for meat, in higly flavoured meals such as chilli or curry. Last night, I had some leftover chicken soup stock and decided to try frying it to see if it fried okay, which it did. The manufacturers recommend just adding it to the meal towards the end:
 Courgette and tomatoes were added along with the stock, black pepper and dried thyme:
In this dish, frying it didn't seem to add any extra flavour. We had the above with lovely mashed potatoes:

6 comments:

  1. I tried Quorn pieces once but I found the texture a little strange. It's not something I would have on a regular basis I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an odd texture but having watched how they ‘grow’ it in a factory, we are converted to how much better it is than rearing animals and all that ensues. We are not vegetarian or vegan before anyone wonders.

      Delete
  2. Quorn is OK, more texture than taste, I think, but quite filling.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree but it does take on strong tastes, especially if frozen and thawed before eating, such as curries.

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately I am allergic to Quorn - it makes me very ill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. Are you allergic to mushrooms as I believe Quorn is a similar thing.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.