Tuesday 8 October 2019

Chilli non carne

I know a lot of people like the taste of mushrooms but not the 'slimy' texture of them. This chilli was made using mushrooms and a few 'steak' Quorn strips. We could hardly tell the difference between this and a meat based chilli.

The mushrooms were chavelled up in my food processor and dry fried until all the juice has disappeared. After that it was a normal chilli recipe:
I didn't have any kidney beans so used chickpeas instead. It tasted lovely on the first night but even better on the second.

7 comments:

  1. We primarily eat vegetarian for this type of meal so I was pleased to give mushrooms a go like this rather than the usual sliced version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks scrumptious!! Love the idea of chick peas instead of kidney beans.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, substitutes work well in most things I think.

      Delete
  3. This looks very good to me! My husband has been making a no work soup by mixing a can of chili with a can of tomatoes and one of beans. Very healthy and hearty. I don't care for the chili flavour too much but would love an alternative with curry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing this with a jar of curry it curry paste and tomatoes should work.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, I shall try it! Not sure we can get curry paste here but I can adapt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patak’s Indian curry paste is on Amazon.com but a bit expensive.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.