Friday 11 October 2019

Craft shopping

On Monday we visited Hobbycraft. I perused the shelves for extra things I needed then went off to find DB who was window shopping. I looked down into my basket and saw a book in it. "Have you bought a book", I asked him, "No" he replied. Further investigation revealed it wasn't my basket, it was full of quilting and sewing stuff.

We both walked around the store and only came across two other ladies with baskets, no, neither of them had my basket or had indeed lost theirs.

We walked to the tills to check if anyone had brought the wrong basket to the till. I checked with a shop assistant on the shop floor, no, she hadn't been asked about a basket either. How weird.

Anyhow, the annoying thing was, I couldn't remember fully what I had put in it. Thoroughly cheesed off by now, we started again. It was obvious my basket had been found and its contents put back on the shelves. How do I know?

Well, I bought a tub of 30 mini ink pads, leaving only two tubs behind, there were now three!

Herewith the mini ink pads:
They cost £13 for the 30 and are quick drying pigment inks. I have tested them out and the colours are lovely. Quite a few on the purple side of things but they will all serve me well for such cheap little pads. The red in particular is a lovely deep shade and I may well in future, if required, buy a full size one.

I also bought some 12" x 12" white cardstock, a rounded corner hole puncher and a small tub of copper embossing powder.

2 comments:

  1. What a basket mystery! The tub of ink pads are good value and good colours too. I use my rounded corner punch a lot! I do love Hobbycraft. I heard on the radio that we will be having one in Exeter in the near future. At the moment, I have to drive about 20 miles to the one in Newton Abbot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our closest ones are about 45 miles away. We only go when we have to buy other things from other shops, otherwise it’s not worth the drive.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.