Friday 4 October 2019

On average....

The amount of pension I should have received would have, on average, been £35,880 over the 6 years I am not receiving it. Some are having to wait 7 years, other less. However if you just take my figure as an average, times the estimated 4.5 million women it affects, the government has stolen about £154,440,000,000 from us. It’s no wonder they didn’t want to lose the court case.

To find out, in law, and the judicial review, that they didn’t need to inform us of the changes, but claim to have done so, just makes it worse.

MP’s galore say they are with us, but are they really. Boris said he would sort it out but now he is PM, bet he won’t.

In this country, men have traditionally received their pension at 65 and women at 60. The changes began in 2014 to bring women up to 65. They should have been spread over 6 years but were accelerated in 2016 to finish two years early in 2018. I should have received my pension just as the changes began , as well as a free bus pass.

I still need to pay 5 more years of EXTRA contributions on top of the full amount I had already paid, just to give me my full pension when I eventually get it. We can afford to do that by being careful with spending, others can’t. The extra payments by doing so, will give me £80 extra a month, that is a lot. I need to receive 5 years of pension for my savings payments to pay myself back if you see what I mean.

It is all a gamble as no one knows how long they will live.




10 comments:

  1. Small wonder you are annoyed. I got in right at the beginning, having to work until I was 62 and four months befgore retiruing and I was lucky in that I had intended to keep working anyway and, in fact, did an extra year on top of that. However, most aren't as fortunate as I and it is very annoying indeed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realised I have to wait 6 years for my pension, not 5, so have lost out on about £35,000!

      Delete
  2. I knew they wouldn't change anything as too much money was involved - not enough spare in the treasury for us poor old women!
    I mustn't complain too much about this because of never doing a "proper job" after having eldest in 1980 so never paid much in. We decided years ago that it was best to rely on ourselves and owning a house for the future. I'll downsize when I run out of savings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too but it is annoying when you do what is required then get short changed.

      Delete
  3. I have to wait until 66 (2022). So far I lost out on almost £28k My friend was 65 in April and gets hers in November much to her surprise as she'll be 65.5. We are going out to celebrate as she's the first in our group to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many differences between us just due to our birth year:(

      Delete
  4. The previous Conservative government here in Canada raised the retirement age to 67, the Liberal government lowered it back to 65. We have an election going on right now and I am afraid if the Conservative's win the age will be back up to 67. That means I would have to wait 3 years instead of 1 to collect my pension.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a depressing prospect, hope it doesn’t change back.

      Delete
  5. I've not long started getting my state pension. My friend who is exactly 4 months older than me, got hers 14 months before me. My friend who is 8 months older than me, got hers 2 years before me. There does not seem to much rhyme or reason to their system of giving out pensions. I haven't counted up how many £thousands I lost by having to wait an extra five years because I already feel aggrieved. My sympathies to those who have to wait to 67!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.