Sunday 6 October 2019

Shaped cards

Over the past week or so, I have been using orange card and paper scraps to have a go at shaped cards. Whilst most have gone into my 'technique' book, I took these two to completion, even though I didn't have everything I needed to make them suitable for sending out.

The first is a Star Effect card:
I didn't quite make the front bit wide enough as it should stick out from the side slots more.

This second card is a pyramid card. In a smaller version, it would make lovely place cards for a special meal:
I didn't have anything suitable to help keep it shut. The wooden snowflake allows for a little too much sliding to occur.

Both these cards can be posted flat by taking the front off the star card and unfolding the pyramid card.

8 comments:

  1. Very clever and interesting design. They both look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're lovely, I especially like the pyramid one. Would you consider showing how you make your cards?

    I'm currently experimenting with making a pop up insert - a bat for a Halloween card. Might try a ghost as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I found them on this wonderful blog https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2011/05/z-of-folded-cards.html

      Delete
  3. Thankyou for the link. I thoroughly approve of cards which fold flat to post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh heck, these are fab. I agree that these would make unique place cards for a festive meal, and as a guest I would love to receive one of these as a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link! I love stand up cards and are something I've never made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.