Wednesday 15 January 2020

Power back on

After 3 hours and 45 minutes of a planned 5 hour power cut, we are back on. Goodness me, time seems to have dragged. Its amazing in todays world how much you rely on it.

At least 3 times DB has gone to turn things on, I forgot once I think.

Thank goodness for our portable camping stove:
I used the pressure cooker first thing, to make spicy vegetable soup. A pan to boil water for a lovely hot cup of tea. The wood burner was lit within an hour of the electricity going off as the house started to cool down.

DB has been busy on his computer doing things off line and I have played patience with cards. It was too dreary inside to attempt a jigsaw or anything else that required good light.

Thanks for all your good wishes about our granddaughter. She continues to do well, putting weight on nicely. Her parents have requested no more photos appear here, so sorry if you were waiting for some.

6 comments:

  1. Thank goodness it's back n again and lovely news about grand daughter.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are pleased with her progress so far.

      Delete
  2. I had a 7 hour un-planned power cut yesterday - along with over 300 other homes in the village! - the wind brought down a tree which took down powerlines...... Luckily I'm well prepared as it happens so many times here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s why I also like to be prepared. The longest power cut here was back in 1987, 12 hours and my son was just a baby. Had to boil water for his bottle, and our drinks, on the open fire. The toast was lovely! We get a few here as well as hardly any cables are underground.

      Delete
  3. We have frequent power cuts due to the winds here. Good news about your grandaughter, a real delight to read she continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad your power came back on quickly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.