Wednesday 8 April 2020

Corned Beef Bake

This is a recipe slightly adapted from Frugal Queen in France on Facebook. I can't seem to post the link!

Anyway, I used 2 very large potatoes and two onions, sliced on a mandolin type thing. Potatoes, onions, slices of tinned corned beef (using 1/4 to 1/2 a tin per layer depending on depth required). Then repeat.

Cover with some gravy and bake at 200C for about 1 hour, mine took a little longer. I also used a slightly too big dish but hey ho!

It was lovely. We had it with vegetables and although the gravy evaporated slightly too much, there was enough. We ate half for tea and the other half the next day.


10 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks nice. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't like corned beef.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough we couldn’t taste it as we used a strong beef gravy anyway.

      Delete
  2. We ate our corned beef last week. But I do have some Spam...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just been shopping, no corned beef, and many other items still missing.

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious I haven't had corned beef in awhile. I bet I could find in a tin lurking in the pantry. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that on Facebook and thought it looked delicious-so does yours! Unfortunately, I don't have any potatoes or corned beef!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking that a nice corned beef hash might be on the menu next week as I've got about 6 tins in the pantry. It's mild here at the moment so I'm using up all the salad greens but the temperature is to drop again tonight so a pot of soup and the hash will be on the menu come the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't had corned beef for ages but that sounds delicious and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious, will hand it on to my daughter who, as she is working from home and I'm not, is doing all the cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very nice. I always wonder what other than corned beef hash could be made with corned beef.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.