Thursday 2 April 2020

Double yuk!

I was taking my last antibiotic at night time and coughed as I was about to swallow it and the water. Yep, you guessed it, water and pill shot up to the top of my throat and into the base of my nose.

After choking on the water coming down my nose, I realised the pill was also there, dissolving and burning as it did so.

I surprised DB in the bathroom, rushing in as I thought I was going to throw up. There then proceeded about 20 minutes of me grunting like a pig trying to forcibly breathe in to dislodge it. I wasn’t sure whether to squirt water up my nose as well but didn’t.

Eventually it dislodged and I swallowed it, with loads of milk. I was uncomfortable all night:(

There, hope that brought a smile to you all! I feel much better now after my course but still have some catarrh. Now to eat several days of live yoghurt to help return my internal flora and fauna to normal.

This morning I was making cheese scones and for the first time, managed to grate my finger, ouch!

16 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I've done that before with a pea!! It's horrible. You have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done it with grated carrot, so annoying.

      Delete
  2. You poor thing! Hope the grated finger heals too. Such small injuries but so disproportionately painful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felt it getting into a hot bath, that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. Ouch for both - it's surprising how painful a grate can be!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly is, nerve endings getting shredded I suppose.

      Delete
  4. Poor you! I grated the top of my finger and nail into the cheese last week. I weighed up whether not to say anything and carry on with cooking the cheese but as I was streaming blood it was a bit of a giveaway so husband repaired me and I threw the cheese sigh.... conscience salved but guilt for waste x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The right decision I am sure but annoying all the same.

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh ... I promise you I didn't laugh ...that must have been frightening and very weird!!

    As for the grating, yep I've done that so often ... it makes my vegan scones not quite so vegan ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised grating our fingers doesn’t happen more often.

      Delete
  6. Oh dear...sadly I did laugh. I like to think I am laughing with you not at you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, I just couldn't help laughing at the picture you painted. I bet it was horrible though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you! Certainly not a pleasant taste.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.