Thursday 23 April 2020

Hummus and a bit of sadness

Just made a batch of hummus and divided it into two old and saved bought tubs. One to use now, one to freeze:
There are lots of recipes on the internet and in blogland. If you print one, make sure to link back.

Other jobs still ongoing are painting our fences back to their lovely black. On the left is a finished panel, the right from 2 years ago, quite a difference:
Chris Whitty, Cheif Medical Officer for England, said yesterday that social distancing measures would need to remain in place until the end of the year. Whilst I can understand that, it makes me sad.

Will it mean we still won't be able to see our granddaughter although we would both be willing to completely isolate from everyone and everything for 7 days beforehand and not use the service stations if we could just see her!

Hopefully lockdown will ease soon so we can get a bit of normality back into all our lives.

I don't know what will happen re hairdressing as an aside. I am starting to look like a wild woman. Might have to get DB to give me a light trim, something he had never done even though I have cut his hair since we have been married.



4 comments:

  1. My daughter is due to have her first baby this week. I'm in Dorset and she's in Manchester. We've both had covid19 and are fully recovered. I'm sad that I cannot visit too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want lockdown to finish when it’s safe and hope we can get a visit in.

      Delete
  2. My province here in Canada is lifting things slowly. We will still need to practice physical distancing but at least a few more stores will be opened and various medical offices such as dentists will be allowed to open. We will be keeping a close eye on any changes in the virus. Travel is still going to be frowned on.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, hope nothing kicks off again.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.