Friday 10 April 2020

Weetabix Loaf

Following a recipe from Sue's blog https://attheendofasuffolklane.blogspot.com/2020/04/strange-times-week-3-post-3.html
I duly made us a weetabix loaf.

I used just 1/4 cup of sugar and it was sweet enough. It is a loaf rather than a cake we think so doesn't need to be too sweet. I think you could use any dried fruit. We served each slice with butter - yum! I also didn't soak the ingredients overnight, just for a couple of hours.

I will make it again but maybe add some cinnamon or mixed spice:


6 comments:

  1. I used to make this a lot when my kids were at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice, cheap and a treat.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to be giving this one a go too, well I have enough Weetabix to build a raft so I might as well turn some of it into a cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I baked mine in a silicon loaf pan. Hope you enjoy it. As a child, when times were hard, we were given a Weetabix, smeared with butter and sprinkled with sugar. It kept us quiet! A bit like trying to eat dry crackers.

      Delete
  3. I saw it on another blog so can't take any credit for it!
    I've got a lovely recipe for an all-bran malt loaf but no all-bran or malt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crediting your blog as that is where I first saw it:) I too have neither bran nor malt, sounds good though!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.