Monday 6 April 2020

Yesterday...

And the day before, I got two full washes dried on the line. We also raked back gravel from the outside bases of the raised beds. Then we (though mainly DB), scrubbed as much algae as possible off them ready for painting. They haven’t been done for two years.

We got some of the painting done yesterday. A double coat on the tops most exposed and one coat on the inside where the wood meets the soil. On the left is unpainted. On the right, first coat of two:

The radishes I planted a few days ago have started to sprout. I think the lettuce will be next.

I also made myself a mask designed for a man from the pattern I obtained previously. I felt the one for a woman was just a tad small:
This fits a lot better. Although the wearing of masks are not recommended, because this one has a third layer tucked inside, that is non woven, I think it is as good as I can get it. I wore it for the first time a few days ago when I went shopping.

7 comments:

  1. The mask looks great - well done. Thanks for the hint about the size.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a decent sized head so needed the larger size!

      Delete
  2. I am trying out that pattern next and like you looking for that inner layer. Must do our fences this year - you just reminded me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cut out an extra two liners. If you can’t get something like vilene, a good alternative is two sheets of wet wipes/antibacterial wipes etc., that have been washed and dried.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully we will start getting some weather to be able to get outside and get some jobs done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully. We are set fair for a few days but cooler weather coming during Easter.

      Delete
  4. The pattern looks interesting, I may give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.