Monday 4 May 2020

Face Mask for DB

So far, DB has kept out of the shops or walking in crowds since lockdown due to him being in an at risk group.

When lockdown lifts, he will need to don a mask so I set too making him one. I didn't have a special layer to put inside and once I had cut and sewed the denim, realised it was slightly stretchy.

After a bit of a think, I ironed a glued back stiffener to a 1" strip and sewed it into place over the seam, before adding a nose part and the final inner piece.

Took a bit longer, but overall quicker than mine and we are pleased with the result:
I may need to extend the elastic for him but we shall see.

5 comments:

  1. That looks really good, very professional, or even better than some of the professionally made ones actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant job.
    My daughter bought me one from Etsy - a lovely thick floral jersey pattern - £10 she paid though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks perfect!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.