Monday 25 May 2020

First baby dress

I have made our granddaughter her first summer dress. Mind you, she is growing so well now that it might not fit. As its a trial though, I shall send it up to see what's what:
Laid flat, the bodice measures 11 1/2" across and from top of shoulder to hem of skirt 12". The skirt part of the dress should have measured 15" deep and 5" wider but I didn't quite have enough scrap material. It doesn't yet have any fastenings on the back as I have sent for snap fasteners and a machine to apply them.

Anyhow, I have increased the neck and armholes one cm to make them larger overall and dug out some more material to make another one. Hopefully the machine should arrive by the time I have the second one done and they can be sent up to guage her measurements.

The bodice is fully lined but not the skirt and although I had a few hiccups, for my first attempt I am quite chuffed!

11 comments:

  1. That's adorable. Lucky little lady!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely, you should be chuffed. She's going to be one well dressed little lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how many items I will be able to craft in future as I’m not an over confident sewer.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Love floral prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too but floral is predominantly what I have spare.

      Delete
  4. It is beautiful Grandma. Hopefully you will see her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It lovely, she will look adorable in it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.