Tuesday 5 May 2020

Today is the day...

When DB took his life, and my nerves in his hands, and trimmed my hair. “On your head be it” he stated ruefully.

My order of a proper hairdressing gown and a rubber neck protector arrived yesterday. I knew what I wanted him to do and as I have always cut his hair, have the proper tools to do it.

Just the top needed a trim plus my neck area.

Well he did it, not bad at all. He found it difficult to hold comb and scissors so I would try and hold the comb for him whilst he cut.

He started on the top, taking 1” of scalp area at a time. A light twist and off the ends came, about 3/4” each time. He tried the normal hairdressing way of holding hair flat in his fingers, but found the twist worked better. Working in sections and perpendicular to my head, he carried on doing just the section above my ears, all around, top, sides and back.

Below that area is short so for now is okay. In front of my ears was combed forward, held flat with the comb and trimmed. The base of my neck was trimmed straight across using clippers but up the sides proved a bit difficult so he just trimmed a bit off using scissors. We will evaluate it in two weeks to see what needs doing.

No arguments either which was good. Well done DB.

6 comments:

  1. You are very brave, I am just letting mine grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. He did well, will let him take a bit more off soon.

      Delete
  2. I am so longing for a haircut. You are a brave woman.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're braver than me. Alan keeps brandishing his hair clippers and I keep shaking my head!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might let him lose with clippers on the nape of my neck.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.