Thursday 24 September 2020

Gathering in, hunkering down

 I gathered all our tomatoes this afternoon. Two trays are slowly ripening in the conservatory. We are due heavy rain and high winds overnight and tomorrow. The tomatoes were shutting down anyway and cold temperatures, wind and rain won’t help.

We had fish and chips out today as part of our walk. The chip shop observed good practice, we sat in a booth with high screens and we felt as safe as we could be in the circumstances. I have to admit though, that generally we don’t feel 100% safe eating out. Having  been on our healthy lower calorie ‘diet’ for nearly six weeks, it was a nice treat.

I must make phone calls tomorrow. One to check about my flu jab, another for a hygienist appointment, which they were supposed to be doing. The other one to Boots. I took in my new reading glasses 4 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything, which is unusual. 

We are still trying to arrange to see family before things change again, which I feel they will.




6 comments:

  1. Our PM has mentioned that if we want Christmas gatherings, we may need to forgo Thanksgiving.... I hope not as I really want to see the boys at both those holidays. Like you though, I do feel we are heading into another lockdown.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are due to have family over Christmas so are keeping our fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. I don't think we will have a full lockdown but I suspect there will be a lot more restrictions. Here in Scotland we are not allowed to visit each others houses, which stops our social life completely. I really do hope you manage to get to see your Grandaughter DC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do we! I think our next thing will be no mixing of households which is why we are so desparate to get up there.

      Delete
  3. The weather seems to have changed so quickly in Essex. It was summer at the weekend and now it's a cold, wet, misty autumn. I'm having a good clean through and sorting the last bits in the garden, ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too wet and windy here to get out in the garden. DB donned waterproof clothing very early to temporarily connect water butt 3 to 4, 4 to 5 and 5 to the small pond.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.