Monday 7 September 2020

Round the back!

Down the bottom of the garden, near the soon to be replaced back fence is this area:

It sits behind the raised vegetable beds and fruit cage and is about 6' to 7' deep. It has an odd shape garden that used to be in a lot of light shade. Now the Bramley apple tree has gone, to the left of where DB is standing, a lot more light is available.

The path leads to the water butts and behind me, taking the photograph, is the small dustbin pond area. There was also a now unused small patio to my left, big enough for a small table and two chairs.

That has been taken up along with its concrete:

The path is brick weave but unfortunately, we put it down without a weed membrane fabric under the bricks. We can no longer keep up with the weeds popping up left, right and inbetween the bricks themselves. It too is going but these bricks will not be wasted.


8 comments:

  1. It sounds like your really cracking on with things. Have you drawn up a plan of how the garden will look when you have finished all the work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t tend to do plans, just decide as and when. I do think though I will try and get a small growing crab apple tree in, maybe some cordon fruit.

      Delete
  2. I love garden projects, it's always interesting to see makeovers. What will you do with the bricks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some will be used under the water butts, the rest and some slabs for another smaller project.

      Delete
  3. Weed membrane is a godsend, it makes pulling the few weeds that sprout so easy. I'm a bit like you, I have a plan in my head but always remain flexible incase I come across problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know why we didn’t use it first time around.

      Delete
  4. We put weed suppressant under our gravel and we rarely get weeds, so it will definitely save you a lot of work in future. We've made our gardens as low maintenance, and safe for me, as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly saving work is the main reason. Soon it will be too much so the less work the better.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.