Tuesday 29 September 2020

Wide awake

 I am writing this quick post at 04:25 silly o’clock. I have yet to fall asleep and doubt I will now. My neck has been aching for a couple of days and none of my pillows feels comfortable. Ah well, it will pass. These nights of no sleep at all, are very rare.

I managed to plant half my spring bulbs into the new bit of garden. Hopefully, the rest will go in today. We will do food shopping and it will be interesting to see the difference, if any, between last week and this. Rumours of rationing and shelf clearing abound. I had noticed flour disappearing last week.

We actually managed to have a cup of tea on the patio Monday afternoon. It was the first decent day for nearly a week. During summer, Ruby gets so used to going in the garden that when she hears us pick up the key, she runs to the back door at high speed. Come the wetter colder weather, she doesn’t  understand why she can’t go out whenever she hears us pick up the key. Muddy footprints on my nice carpet Ruby, that is why. 

14 comments:

  1. Writing this at 5.40am. Ive been awake since 4.30. OH just woke for the loo and we decided to have a cuppa! Usually I sleep OK. Sometimes my brain just won't switch off. You've had pretty bad weather in Norfolk this weekend. Amazing photos of Walcott engulfed in sand - we had a lovely family day on the beach there in August

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a choice, potential flooding or potential sand storms! Poor old Walcott.

      Delete
  2. After waking at 5 and putting the radio on to stop my brain worrying, I suddenly found it was 7.30!
    Just heard the weatherman say Norfolk and Suffolk damp and drizzley all day - bother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn’t expecting the rain, no bulb planting or gardening of any kind today:(

      Delete
  3. I hate those sleepless nights. By early morning, everything aches and one just can't settle. Really not nice at all.
    Sending hopes for a good day anyway.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my change of pillow wasn’t helping. I put up with it for a few nights but have reverted to the old one for now. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I don't sleep well either, I've tried all the text book stuff but I just have to live with it. I listen to audiobooks to help. Fine rain her first thing but bright and dry now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a visit to a sleep clinic would help but those are as rare as hens teeth.

      Delete
  5. I woke up with a start while it was still dark after dreaming about giant chocolate coloured lions with huge manes roaming the site, only actually they were Rhinos wearing fancy dress costumes that they were struggling to escape from. I just knew I had to get the dogs to safety before the Rhinos knocked over the caravan. There was no going back to sleep after that one!!

    It's a gorgeous sunny day here and we had a very early walk along the river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What had you been watching, reading or even eating. Glad you woke up before the caravan got rammed!

      Delete
  6. I hate it when that happens. Thankfully, not able to sleep doesn't happen often. We did a top off shop this morning, toilet rolls seem to have become an issue again along with tomatoes, pasta and flour. Although it could just be that the ferry has not been yet, we are a little early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most things ok today, though some bread flour missing.

      Delete
  7. Did you have a nap this afternoon? I was tempted but didn't, thought I'd be even less likely to sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had that same problem Sunday night. Last night I actually slept like a baby.

    Glad you got your bulbs planted.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.