Tuesday 8 December 2020

Had to be done

Whilst we try to avoid town, sometimes we can’t. After food shopping, we came home for a cuppa. An hour later, DB needed to go to town to pick up new glasses. Whilst he was in there, I popped off to do a bit of Christmas shopping for him.

Three shops for three different items. I was planning on doing most of it in Marks & Sparks but only one entrance in and a big queue so gave up.

On the way home, we zoomed into a charity shop, one picture frame, for something he is sewing. After visiting Farmfoods the other day, and deciding not to buy lamb, we changed our minds and went in there as well.

We bought two large 2.9kg legs of lamb for £30, a tin of corned beef and 6 tins of tuna, another £5 for those, then came home.

Hand sanitizer used everywhere whilst in and out the shops, never removed our masks, thoroughly washed hands when back home. Fingers crossed!


14 comments:

  1. We've all learnt a whole new way of shopping this year haven't we. It's not relaxing, it's not fun and we come home tired out and just hoping for the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn’t like shopping at the best of times, now even less.

      Delete
  2. I went in lots of charity shops in Bury St Eds today, hand sanitiser in each one and some so drippy and runny! And then cold weather and warm shops make for a runny nose which doesn't mix well with mask wearing.
    All Jolly Good Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are like water aren’t they. The mask kept my face warm but it was very damp by the time I finished shopping, not great methinks.

      Delete
  3. It sounds as if you took every possible precaution - I'm sure it will be fine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No more "Just popping in to get..." Like you, I never enjoyed shopping before Covid, now it's become a real rigmarole, and best avoided where possible! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do try but still need to food shop ourselves.

      Delete
  5. I am in and out of shops as fast as I possibly can be. Sanitize everything as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to go into town on Monday. It was madness in a lot of places, and the queue for the local retail park was huge when I took KL to work yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping first thing seems to be better at the moment but it is definitely getting busier.

      Delete
  7. I generally like a stroll around our very small town centre but sadly these days I only go when I need to. It is no longer for leisure but for necessity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully next year will be better all around.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.