Tuesday 12 January 2021

Change of hours...

 After timing our grocery shopping to arrive at the pet food store in time for opening, they were still closed. Instead of their usual 9.00am they have changed it to 10.00am, when, I don’t know. We weren’t the only ones caught out, several others joined us in another nearby pet food store who do still open at 9.00am.

We managed to find what we needed bar one item, which we substituted. We then went to another nearby store and they did have the thing we were after. Although not essential shopping, we also bought wrapping paper and a bag of compost. We got caught out last year when no compost could be found. Seeds were ordered online and will be delivered shortly.

Back home, shopping away, hands washed, tea and biscuits, all in under 1 1/2 hours. We don’t need to go out again until next week.

12 comments:

  1. My husband and I go shopping at the opening times of shops. I always think of the last little pig in The Three Little Pigs that when invited by the wolf to pick apples at 7:00 he goes at 6:00.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. We too like to arrive at opening time to avoid the crowds and get home ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the banks and Post Offices I've noticed changing their times and opening later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn’t noticed as all banking online plus we are lucky enough to have post office stores still.

      Delete
  4. A lot of shops and services have changed their hours recently haven't they. I try to take note when I'm walking Suky so I don't get caught out when I do need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they will drop sales because of it. Could be staff shortages?

      Delete
  5. Thankfully no changes here. e like to go early but most people here time it for after the ferry arrival to get a fresh shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable for fresh food, wouldn’t want to miss out on that.

      Delete
  6. I go out as early as possible. Seems like that is when there are fewer people in the stores and I can get out much quicker and feel safer while shopping.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be extra stressful if too crowded can’t it?

      Delete
  7. Lucky you, getting ready for spring gardening in January. Although I just read a blog post about winter-planting seeds in gallon milk jugs. Apparently they sprout at the right time and are healthier than inside started seeds. I should start some broccoli and cabbage seeds and then the warm temperature crops in March. Things like tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers. But knowing my luck, the cats would shove the jugs off the patio table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not starting until late March, just getting ready. Last year it was difficult to buy compost and certain seeds.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.