Thursday 28 January 2021

Chosen ...

I have received a letter from the NHS, asking me to take part in the nationwide Covid-19 testing operated by ISOS and Imperial College London. After double checking online via the NHS site, I registered to take part. 

Once the test kit is received, I need to book one of their a couriers to pick it up, do the test the day they are coming and hand it over. About a week later, results come back. It only tests if I currently have it rather than if I have had it:(

I am expecting it to be negative but you never know!

8 comments:

  1. Interesting. What is the purpose - just a random check? I'm sure you will be negative too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same or similar to what the ONS are doing I think. Trying to work out more what element of the population are asymptomatic but positive.

      Delete
  2. It's a shame you dont get an antibody test with it so that they could measure the proportion of the population who have had it too. I haven't heard anyone mention antibody tests for ages, or track and trace for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love an antibody test. It might explain why every 3 weeks without fail, I get a sore throat for about 36 hours then it goes. Been happening since March last year when I got a really bad one?

      Delete
  3. My husband and I are involved in a test too. The chap came on Wednesday with our kit and a load of paperwork...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I have read, my kit comes in the post with instructions on how to use it. I have to book a courier before using it so it gets used and picked up on the same day.

      Delete
  4. I thank you for that, all tests that are giving extra information to our scientists for research are to be applauded.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.