Wednesday 20 January 2021

Make two eat one

Having planned on making lasagne for a meal to share at Christmas, obviously, that didn't happen. I had bought fresh lasagne sheets and they went into the freezer. Today I minced 400g beef, two small carrots, 4 medium mushrooms and a whole onion.

Once fried off, a can of tomatoes was added with 1/3 can water and was cooked for 25 minutes. Basil, thyme, a beef stock cubes, garlic puree, tomato puree, black pepper and a good dash of Worcestershire sauce went in. The sauce was finally thickened with 3 tablespoons of oat flour.

The meals were made in one medium tray and two small freezer dishes. Meat sauce, pasta, cream sauce, parmesan, repeat. They are sitting on the kitchen windowsill, next to a slightly opened window to go cold:

We shall have the blue dish tonight with a side salad and freeze the other two for later use. 

Welcome to some new followers. Sorry I can no longer tell who you are but welcome anyway.

 


8 comments:

  1. When I do a major cooking session I do the same thing - some for now and some for the freezer! It makes life so much easier.
    I haven't made Lasagna in ages - must put it on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am missing being able to freeze a couple of portions when I make things. By the time I get used to cooking smaller amounts I should have a large fridge-freezer again and I will have to train myself back the other way. It saves such a lot of time doesn't it, and home made ready meals are always so much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually better because you know what’s in them.

      Delete
  3. We haven't had lasagne in awhile so its going on my list to do at the weekend. Always good to have a few meals in the freezer for those days when a quick meal is needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if we can only stretch one rather than two extra meals, it all helps.

      Delete
  4. I do much the same when doing some meals. Big batches and then put some aside for a meal later on.

    Your lasagna looks very good.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it’s a habit once acquired is hard to break.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.