Wednesday 27 January 2021

Not brilliant but it will do

I decided to make a small cake for us using just two eggs. It makes it very thin but still great to eat.

This one was two large eggs, their weight in S. R. Flour and margarine, 80g of sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, a teaspoon ground ginger, 1 grated eating apple and a ball of stem ginger grated. Once all mixed in, I added one tablespoon of the syrup from the stem ginger jar. It was baked at 180C for 20 minutes, turned out and left to go cold.

Once cold it was sandwiched together with home made hedgerow jam:

We shall have a slice each afternoon for 4 days, yum.



14 comments:

  1. It looks extremely delicious. Home made cakes are the best!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Any flavour, any colour, any shape, decide on how much sugar.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious, I love stem ginger a wonderful addition to a cake mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. If I am not careful I could eat ball after ball.

      Delete
  3. Victoria sandwich has always been one of my favourite cakes, especially with homemade jam. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame I didn’t have 6” tins, would have been better but hey ho!

      Delete
  4. If you put some buttercream in too it would be much fatter/taller! (although much more fattening!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I am not too keen on it, but it would have made it taller for sure.

      Delete
  5. Must be time to try a g.f. one. I used to make them a lot. With the ginger and apple sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be nice and soft tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, tastes fine as well. DB would prefer a blob of cream but we don’t generally bother.

      Delete
  7. Your cake looks great and I bet having a slice a day for the next four days will be a treat.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly will. I will have to choose something else after that.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.