Friday 22 January 2021

Ruby and more soup!

Ruby on her walk today, was 'smoking' an even larger cigar:

More soup made this morning. Today I used 4 medium to large carrots, 1 onion, 1 red pepper, 2 medium potatoes, 1/2 a courgette, 1/4 cup pearl barley, 1/2 cup split red lentils. A can of tomatoes was added and enough hot water to just cover the vegetables.

Once cooked, I added two stock cubes, 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, lots of black pepper, 1/2 a shallow tub of garlic cream cheese and two sliced bockwurst. It was thickened with cornflour:

We would normally eat 4 ladles of it each for lunch. This time, I decanted 7 ladles into each of the bigger pots. The other two ladles plus the remainder went into the little pot. We shall have both larger pots over the next two days.

The smaller pot will be frozen to have meat added to it and serve with noodles or rice for a cheap meal.


12 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, the perfect meal for the weather we are having, so very warming and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. I have never added cream cheese to soup. Must try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flavoured works better, especially the garlic versions. I also use Boursin.

      Delete
  3. Your soup looks lovely. Perfect for colder weather.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started buying different stocks for my soup, knorr ham stock cubes, knorr paprika and tomato stock pots, thai curry paste, that sort of thing.
    I absolutely love soup, it's like a big bowl of goodness, I do eat a lot of it so it's nice to try to add variety. Yours looks lovely.
    Just about to soak some pulses for my next batch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something particularly nice about pulses in soup.

      Delete
  5. I did also mean to say, Ruby is a gorgeous looking dog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.