Thursday 27 May 2021

Genes eh!

Can't live without them, sometimes very difficult to live with, at times disappointing. My hair falls into the latter category.

When I was little, hairdressers always used to comment on how thick my hair was, like a lions mane they used to say. Normal thickness at the back and sides, very thick on top. "You won't have any problems with baldness" they said, I had no idea what they were talking about at the time. Now I do.

Hair genes are not great in our family as we age. The problem probably stems from our dads side as he started to go thin at the front, quite early on. His mum, had wisps of hair as she aged. 

I have always had a bit of a recession either side of my fridge but that has gotten really bad of late. It looks like both sides will meet up behind my fringe leaving me with a front tuft, male pattern rather then female pattern baldness I think?

I often remark to people I shall shave it all off when it gets too bad, wear a hat or a wig when out and about - but would I, really?

The rest is absolutely thick and all there, it is just the front bit. I notice in some cultures around the world, that some have what I would refer to as a very high fringe, with a tall forehead, empty of hair, maybe that would be the way to go. Shave off my tuft when it finally gets stranded:)

4 comments:

  1. I watched a few YouTube videos at the weekend of women who had hair loss for numerous reasons, having hairpieces fitted. The results were amazing, and the hairdresser was remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having someone who knows what they are doing makes a big difference.

      Delete
  2. I am exactly the same - really thick hair except for those pesky side bits next to my fringe. I have just turned 60 and am on HRT which clearly hasn't helped one bit in that area. Some clever hair styling may be required in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job I can’t see myself when the wind is blowing!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.