Tuesday 29 June 2021

Charity Shop Mini Haul

 We had chiropractor treatment today. As is usual afterwards, we go to Dunelm for coffee and lunch (bacon bap and coffee plus I bought a new pillow). As we were driving in, we noticed two charity shops that were not there last time, so paid them a visit:

I was a tad annoyed when we got home to find a gardening book in the bag (not what was picked up) and whatever book of use to me had been left behind:(

The book bottom left is chock full of gorgeous coloured pencil illustrations. Bottom right has a few beautiful pictures. Top left will mainly be background colour. The two books top right are intended to be turned into altered book journals once I have finished my current one. The top far right (Spiderwick) has a beautiful cover plus lovely pen and ink drawings in it. I may try and keep some if possible.

I think I have found what I want to do and oddly enough, it doesn't involve the things that I have made so far. I enjoyed doing them and will use the technique occasionally but not those actual ones. Still, they may make nice little gifts for someone or other.

I am veering towards collage altered books as journals and feel that is where my interests lie. Its odd really as I have watched hours and hours of such things, most I dislike but one or two really speak to me. No doubt, what I produce won't be liked by others but it is for my own use only so that is fine.


8 comments:

  1. I love what you produce. While they might not appeal to everyone, the thoughtful way you put them together is lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have been surprised where I have chosen to go. Very different to what I thought.

      Delete
  2. It sounds very interesting and I look forward to how it all works out.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So enjoying myself, it is so absorbing.

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of an altered journal and may give that a try myself. I have made a start looking at youtube and would value any recommendations you could make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 49 dragonflies, book and paper arts, Gayle Agostinelli, Craftyirina, and Maremi small art are where I began. Eventually I have gone with collage.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh! You have a Susan Wheeler illustrated book there! Is that the one that was wrong? So lucky to have that find! Hope it works out for you.

    X Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we ended up with a gardening book somehow so have no idea what was left behind. Decided her book is too nice to use.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.