Sunday 29 August 2021

A stitch in time!

 I have been watching a simple 2" tear in the bedroom net curtain, expand into a 10" one and just done nothing. It was beginning to let the flies in and I hate flies.

Time to pull my finger out. I balanced the area that needed mending on the laundry basket to take the weight from the lead in its bottom hem.

Although a bit fiddly, it took less than 10 minutes and here we are:

Job done and saved us probably around £30 in buying new net. It won't last forever as the sun makes the net weak over time.


10 comments:

  1. Isn't it daft how we put things off and it then eventually becomes a much bigger job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So annoying yet I keep doing it:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your nifty idea of balancing it on the laundry basket to take the weight, and greatly approve of Make Do And Mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worked well and it was probably the weights which were tearing it further.

      Delete
  4. Good job on the curtain. I've done some repairs today. I reinforced and repaired a belt loop on KL's jeans, and repaired her fiancé's work trousers; police issue stuff is poor quality, and they're not issued with enough of it considering they often finish a shift covered in other people's bodily fluids etc. He's resorted to buying his own stuff to supplement what's issued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad reflection of the times. I knew many bobbies years ago and they had two uniforms and plenty of shirts plus a best uniform.

      Delete
  5. It is always amazing when one puts a job like that off how quick it is to fix when one finally gets around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I am either getting lazy or more laid back as I age.

      Delete
  6. You did a great mending job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.