Sunday 5 September 2021

Cheesed off now...

Despite spraying faithfully, every one or two weeks with Disprin, my tomatoes have got blight. I did stop a month ago so my fault probably. We have had such cold, wet and cloudy summer and without a greenhouse, it is difficult to grow them outdoors in such weather. It is the first time in many years this disease has struck, so I do believe the spraying helps and will keep it up better next year. 

I haveharvested all tomatoes and will try and ripen them indoors, checking daily for disease:(

Two x A3 trays:


 

5 comments:

  1. I did not know about the disprin. Your tomatoes look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment they do but their normal lovely taste is not there.

      Delete
  2. So sorry that you got blight. I think when we get home from our travels in a week I will be picking all ours as well. They are really growing very strangely and believe it is due to our rather strange weather.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the weather has caused a lot of it.

      Delete
  3. I sympathise with you. I had to have five of my plants out last week for the same reason and am checking the rest very carefully day by day. I've made some green tomato chutney with what I salvaged and some is ripening inside.
    Luckily, the rest seems to be OK so maybe I caught it in time. I've removed pretty much all the leaves which is not ideal but might help.

    I agree that this year the lack of sunshine has meant the taste is not as good. Still nice, just not the same. Thankfully, there is always next year.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.