Monday 20 September 2021

Quick protection when painting

I have almost run out of very old clothes suitable only for painting. An old blue and white check top was full of holes so I used that. After painting the raised bed black, it went in the bin. Old jeans were cut into shorts, keeping those for summer gardening. Finally, I protected myself as much as possible wearing a black dustbin bag. I looked like a scarecrow but didn't care!

Bed now painted and protected against the elements:


I sowed some radish, lettuce and beetroot under fleece. The latter two, if lucky, will give us some leaves in a few weeks.
 

 

8 comments:

  1. It looks great. Good work.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Mind you, we are pleased it is now finished, boy did we ache!

      Delete
  2. Looks good, a black painted bed really sets off any greenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have black fences as well in the front, like you say, really shows off the greenery.

      Delete
  3. Great job on the painting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful. a great job. I love to extend the growing season as long as possible, nothing beats the taste of home grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the weather will be kind enough for a few weeks to get some leaves. I do have some perspex sheets I can put on if necessary but its the light levels that are the problem this time of year isn't it?

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.