Wednesday 22 December 2021

How lovely

 It’s nice to know kind acts are still around. I was in a small shop the other day, my bill would have been £16.98. I only had £16.50. Going to put one thing back, the lady told me to wait a minute to see if she could offer a discount. She read up something, swiped a card and gave me a 10% discount. How lovely was that.

I thanked her for her kind act and she replied, ‘well, it’s been a heck of a year and it’s Christmas, we all deserve a bit of kindness’. I think she may have used her staff discount card and I was the only one in there!

5 comments:

  1. I luce reading stories like this. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so kind and thoughtful of her. Restores faith in people when you hear things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thing to happen. There's a whole lot of kindness around; it's a shame the unkindness usually hits the headlines.
    Thank you for the warm feeling reading this has given me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is just lovely. It's these little acts of kindness that drown out all the horrible things we hear on the news etc isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a kind thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.