Monday 9 May 2022

Dehydrating Bell/Sweet Peppers and Carrots

Some people choose to blanche peppers others don't, I chose to do the former.

After removing the seeds and slicing 6 peppers, the strips were blanched for 1 minute in boiling water:

Then placed in very cold water (I didn't have ice cubes):
From there to a salad spinner then final dry off on a clean old tea towel:

Before being placed on 3 dehydrating trays:

I also did enough carrot slices for 3 trays which is the capacity for my dehydrator:
I will report back tomorrow to hopefully show you the results!


8 comments:

  1. I hope they turn out well. I love colourful veg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite pleased, onwards and upwards.

      Delete
  3. I haven't blanched peppers before dehydrating them so I am very interested in the results.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time will tell, as I won't be using them for a while.

      Delete
  4. Interesting. How do you find them when they are rehydrated again? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only use them in stews, curries, spag bol and chilli and they seem fine. I hope to give the carrots in particular a try as part of a more normal meal.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.