Wednesday 16 November 2022

Will we won't we - Affecting UK readers only...

 Get blackouts this winter, that is the question. Who the heck knows but I have done some research so each of us can find out how we will be affected, if it happens.

This first site is how you can find who your network operator is (not who you pay your bills to) and what letter of the alphabet has assigned to your post code Network Provider

Go down the page a bit and put your postcode into the yellow boxes. It will then tell you who your provider is and what letter your post code has been assigned during an emergency blackout. 

When you know your letter go to here.

Annex 1 and 2 give you details relating to your assigned letter, starting with 3 hour blackouts building up to total power loss :(

Hope this helps you prepare just in case!



















































15 comments:

  1. Good Grief! That looks like fun! We shall see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this, like everyone else I hope we do not need it but better to be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully got everything we need, both for cooking and light.

      Delete
  3. That was really useful, thank you.

    It was also very like the documents that I have to proof-read for my day job ... so I just skimmed and saved. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A highlight pen would be useful. I shall print a copy and do that for our letter.

      Delete
  4. This small letter is at the top of your electricity bills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know thanks, but some people I know couldn’t find it.

      Delete
  5. I really hope that those blackouts do not occur for you. Keeping my fingers crossed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness - very interesting and thank you very much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUst yesterday we got a letter from our electricity provider telling us that our bimonthly payment will rise from 147 € to 244€ in 2023. There was absolutely nothing about a blackout plan. Either there is none, or they don´t want to tell us about it in advance. I would really prefer to be prepared.
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep reading about all kinds of fuel problems for you for winter but guess it is being kept quiet about for some reason. Hope you can prepare somehow just in case.

      Delete
  8. Well...logs at the ready...and candles...just in case! x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.