Friday 23 December 2022

Baking with a bad elbow

 I woke up yesterday with a painful elbow, muscular pain. Two doses of rub on painkiller during the day and it was bearable. Awoke this morning thinking great, no pain. As I started to dress back it came. Anything that requires me to straighten it, twist or lift, sets it off.

Undeterred I started my baking morning. Loaf of bread in the bread maker, no way I can knead. Chilli cheese sausage rolls cooked although a little brown on top due I think, to the very orange yoke in the egg wash. 

Next, 12 mincemeat pies (all fruit and sweet spices for those that don’t know). The pastry is made with low cholesterol fat so not sure how they will taste. Next came 4 mincemeat pasties, using the leftover puff pastry from the sausage rolls.

Then came granola. If I feel like it, I will also get the base of the trifle made. We shall see. Pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch, that sounds sore, I hope it soon feels better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tennis elbow from watching Andy!!??
    Hope it heals soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds very painful. Like Sue, I hope it clears quickly.
    The baking sounds wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.