Tuesday 20 December 2022

How much!

 I feel blessed to be receiving my pension from the government as it enables us to donate to the food bank each week.

Puddings were the main order of the day this week. Jellies I thought. Last time I bought a jelly cube, earlier in the year, it was 45p. This week 79p in Lidl and 80p in Tesco. Blimey.

Alongside the 2 jellies, were 2 packets of instant desserts, 2 tins rice pudding, 2 tins mandarin segments, 2 packets of cat soup (who knew), 6 tins of dog food and 4 packets of biscuits.

That is our last shop before Christmas, just a small one next week to take us into the New Year, then that is the end of shopping for 2022.

By all accounts, 2023 will be way more expensive. Domestic energy is rising by at least 15% next month, car fuel by 21% in March, no doubt council tax will go up the full 5% and food, who the heck knows:(

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really good donation for the Foodbank. It all helps doesn't it. I need to go back to Aldi, get the couple of things that I need and then get some 'after-Christmas' style shopping for them as the next Food Club is not until after Christmas now.
    Next year is being forecasted to be a real belt-tightening year for everyone. I really feel for all the retailers that are after our money as we will not be parting with much of it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall try to donate as often as possible. 2023 sounds like it will be awful.

      Delete
  2. We give food bank here in town often. I need to get a few more food items today. I will take them to work with me tomorrow and put in a catering bag at cafe I work at. It goes to a family that lost alot things when their house burned by a wildfire this year. Our gas prices have gone down but food costs are up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our car fuel has dropped this week but is set to rise again soon. Our tank for oil central heating and hot water costs £800 or more to fill:(

      Delete
  3. What a great donation to the food bank.

    Things are getting way to expensive. Another shopper and I were talking today and garlic bulbs are $9.99 a pound here now. That means three bulbs would probably cost about $3.00 up about 100%. Makes me think I should plant garlic.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.