Friday 27 January 2023

Second lot of air fryer cooking...

The next two things were fruit crumble and roast potatoes. 

I used a tin of gooseberries mixed with a thinly sliced pear. The crumble was added and the container covered in foil. After 15 minutes baking at 190C, the foil was removed and it was cooked for a further 10 minutes:

We had it with custard. It was lovely. Next roast potatoes!

The potatoes were par boiled for 8 minutes, drained and tossed gently in 1 tablespoon oil. They were tipped into the fryer draw and air fried for 10 minutes, turned and air fried for another 10. Final stir and another 5 minutes. They were very crispy and extremely hot. We had them with a lovely tin of M & S steak and kidney and marrowfat peas:

A few too many but we managed!
 

9 comments:

  1. Interesting to hear what you are doing with the air fryer - will help people to decide if it's useful for them - I know I wouldn't want one already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me about six months of watching videos to decide. We really love it so far.

      Delete
  2. If/when we move, we're thinking of getting rid of our standard electric cooker and getting either a mini oven/hob like we have in the caravan, or maybe an air fryer to use along with our microwave and CleverChef. The oven's not worth the cost of putting on these days, unless I ensure I fill it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only ever used my top smaller oven so agree, not using it is better for us.

      Delete
  3. It's good to experiment isn't it and gradually build up what you are cooking in it. There's no time saving with the crumble but I guess there's a lot of energy cost saving, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe 10 minutes time saving but no time wasted getting the oven up to temperature.

      Delete
  4. Nice to see how much you are using the air fryer. I really need to use mine more than I do.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are really impressed so far. Used it to brown meat for a casserole today, so much better (and quicker) than the frying pan.

      Delete
  5. You're doing great with it - there are things it can't do but far more versatile that just a chip-maker. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.