Tuesday 28 February 2023

Lentil and chickpea curry

 Scottish Urban Prepper on YouTube posted this the other day and we thought we'd have a go.

1 teaspoon root ginger peeled and grated (or ready made in a tube) I used 1/2 tsp dried.
150g split red lentils.
250 ml stock of your choosing. (We made 375 ml as I was using less coconut milk).
1 teaspoon ground turmeric.
1 tablespoon curry powder or paste (mild or hot) I used 1 teaspoon but it needed more.
1 can drained chickpeas.
1 can diced tomatoes.
1 can coconut milk (we used 1/6th as I am watching my fats).

Put everything into a pressure cooker or instant pot. Stir together. Bring up to pressure and cook for 8 minutes. Leave to naturally release its pressure.

Ours was a bit thick so we added a bit more liquid plus a tablespoon tomato puree. 

Served on a bed of rice for our main meal. I also made some tomato and cucumber to top it, steeped in lemon juice and a little sugar. Once topped, we pour the remaining juice over the top. We both enjoyed it and shall try it again, using what he did but still with less coconut milk.

It does indeed make enough for 4 people and the rest of it plus rice has gone into the freezer.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your recipe. I have been looking for more meatless meals and this really fits.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.