Monday 15 May 2023

Nettle tea

 I mainly add dried nettles to soups and bread but today tried nettle tea. I did my research before so and suggest you do the same if you wish to try some.

1 good teaspoon was put in our cafetière and 1 cup of boiling water added. It was left to steep for 5 minutes.

Strained and taste tested, it need a teaspoon dipped in honey, and stirred in, to make it more palatable. Overall, not too awful, not great, but drinkable. I shall only have one a week to see if I tolerate it okay.

Baby blackberry leaves were picked this morning and are now dehydrating to give those a go. Haven’t got many growing yet. I would also like to try other berry leaf tea after more research.

7 comments:

  1. I experimented with nettle tea many years ago to see if it helped allergies. It did not. I added a bit in with my green tea in the mornings. It tasted very green, to me. I hope it works for you for whatever it is you’re trying it for.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not trying it for anything as such, just experimenting with herbs as drinks.

      Delete
  2. We don't have nettles here so this is very interesting to me. I wish I knew more about foraging.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How strange, just assumed they grew everywhere. Too cold?

      Delete
    2. Probably much too cold.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. I love that using nettles and dandelions seems to be so much in the public eye at the moment, they are both so good for us. Unfortunately, I have never found any tea that I can enjoy ... or even force down and keep down. I'm a coffee-holic through and through. I have made pesto in the past from nettles though, although obviously I had to sauté them first to get rid of the sting so it was a bit strange and I've never done it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dried BlackBerry leaves yesterday to try tomorrow. Will need more honey methinks.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.