Although it is probably too late now for wearing bed socks, I have decided to have a go at knitting some anyway. Unlike Elaine, the lady whose blog I got these from, bed socks I can't knit them up in a day or so, they have taken me around 8 days, doing them every now and then.
So far, only one has
been knitted and I've done it with a rib ankle and stocking stitch
foot. It is very easy to do but as I only had Aran 100% wool, it may
well shrink in the wash if I am not careful. The stitched together seam can be felt (by me anyway with the princess and the pea syndrome!), so I am wearing it to the inside of my foot where it is not so obvious.
Anyhow, I will knit up
the other, trial them and if I like the feel of them on my feet
overnight, shall look in the attic for some softer wool and then knit
some for next winter. Be prepared, that's my motto!
It looks like an extra
long mitten with no thumb and indeed the pattern is knitted on normal
needles rather than in the round - very simple. I adapted it to
have a ribbed top and stocking stitch foot, rather than the garter
stitch in the original pattern.
Herewith said sock
modelled on my right foot.