Monday 2 March 2015

Not a lot to say...

We have had a very quiet weekend, just catching up with chores etc. DB has been busy out in the garage, re-jigging shelves, things that hang on the wall etc. He/we still have the rack that holds all the gardening tools to dismantle once the tools are on hooks on the walls. This has now given us more room to walk around the car (when it is in there) to reach the outdoor freezer, tumble dryer etc. A much needed improvement.

I have just updated the menu page with our meals for the last week. Mainly vegetarian so hardly any cost on the meat side at all. I made us a good amount of pea soup, it was a right stick to your ribs affair:
On the second and final day, it was so thick, I could actually stand a spoon upright in it. It was thinned down with quite a bit of milk then had some mint sauce stirred into it. Yummy!
We hope to go out and buy the food for our next fortnight's menu sometime this afternoon. We are currently waiting for the BT Engineer to come and wire up the new hub and test the line. Once he has been and all is working well, we can go shopping.

I had a look at the long range weather forecast for this month. Providing it is anywhere near correct, it seems we are in for a month of changeable days. One warm but with cold nights, followed by a cold day with cold nights, then warmer again, all the way through. Any form of seed sowing will wait until nearer the end of the month.

I am still busy knitting my little purple top, takes me ages. I think if I had to knit to clothe myself, I wouldn't be out in public for a year at least!

Not exciting is it, just life things!


16 comments:

  1. I think the soup sounds lovely, specially adding mint sauce..YUM. Have a good week. Woo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for that lizzie. I have a bed protected at the moment for just such sowing. I was referring more to my tomatoes as I have nowhere outside to protect them. I have learnt not to sow them until 3rd week in March where we live.

      Delete
  3. Weather is changeable here again today - bright sunshine, then rain, but still a howling wind. It looks lovely through the window when the sun is out though! We had a quiet day yesterday, which was much needed after a busy few days. J's off again today, so we're having another quiet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't like the look of the weather up north for today/tomorrow, right nasty snow, sleet etc heading to you! Stay safe and warm. Beautiful day here but a piercingly cold wind!

      Delete
    2. We had a small amount of snow yesterday. It was quite a shock to see large flakes falling!

      Delete
  4. still lots of snow and cold and windy here. Soup looks good, may make soup for lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel sometimes my blog is so boring, but like you say it is everyday life, you soups are always good, the weather is getting cold here in Devon again also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it is because we sometimes feel we should find something to say.

      Delete
  6. Not boring - just simple, slow and peaceful as life should be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of year though the days can seem very slow.

      Delete
  7. My life feels a bit boring at the moment, I think it's the time of year, not enough variety of things to do, it will be much better when its gardening time.

    Pea soup took me back to when I lived at home Mum always made a lovely one with ham shank, hubby's not a fan of mushy peas and I know he wouldn't eat it, he thought the leek and potato soup we are having for lunches this week is a bit 'green'....tough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year I bought loads of dried peas and beans and they are well past their dates, just trying to use them up. Not every day mind as it upsets our guts.

      Delete
  8. The pea soup looks great and like the sound of the mint sauce added. Life things are the good things, down to earth and normal. Have a good week. P x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.