I baked this cake for DB's birthday:) The original recipe is this one.
I did things a little differently such as using S. R. Flour instead of plain/all purpose (still adding the baking soda), 1 cup of sugar instead of 1 1/4 cups. Virgin oil instead of extra virgin which we can't stand. We also found it needed 2 or 3 tablespoons of milk as it was difficult to incorporate all the dry ingredients.
Another change was we divided it between two 7" sandwich cake tins resulting in less cooking time. I baked it for 25 minutes at 180C.
Herewith some photographs - cooling down fresh from the tins:
We tasted a little bit the first night but it was definitely more moist after being in the container for 24 hours. All in all a lovely cake and it will get made again!
I have also updated our menu for last week.